THE PENN CLUB
NEW YORK CITY LANDMARK
The recently renovated ‘Class of 1978 Orrery Pavilion’ — a glass enclosed space on the 6th floor of the Van Pelt Library — offers spectacular views of the Penn campus ... including College Hall and College Green. The space is equipped with state of the art technology. The Pavilion displays the celebrated David Rittenhouse Orrery, one of the signature treasures of the University.
THE PENN CLUB
30 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
Directions: The Class of 1978 Orrery Pavilion is located on the 6th floor of Van Pelt Library (between 34th and 36th Streets and Walnut and Spruce Streets). As you walk onto campus at 34th and Walnut Streets, you will see the main pedestrian path, Locust Walk. Proceed southwest on Locust Walk until you spot “The Button” to your right and a statue of Ben Franklin to your left. Van Pelt Library is the building to your right behind “The Button” statue.
From Amtrak’s 30th Street Station: Penn’s campus can be reached from 30th Street Station by foot (it takes 15 minutes to walk from the station to the heart of campus), by cab or on SEPTA’s Market-Frankford Line (one stop to 34th and Market).
From Philadelphia International Airport: The Philadelphia International Airport is located in the Southwest section of the city, approximately 20 minutes from the University of Pennsylvania campus.
- Lady Liberty provides airport shuttle service to and from the Philadelphia International Airport, with door-to-door shuttle service to University City hotels and residences. You can reach them at 215-724-8888.
- SEPTA has Regional Rail service, which includes an Airport Line that runs directly from the Philadelphia International Airport to the University City station. University City station is only a few steps away from Penn's campus.
Penn is located in an urban setting, so if you choose to drive to campus allow ample time to park and make your way to Van Pelt Library. Please note that Penn does not validate parking. There are several parking facilities located on or near campus, as well as metered street parking. Street parking spaces are usually limited to either two or three hours. Recommended garages and lots include:
- 34th and Chestnut Streets
- 38th and Walnut Streets
- 40th and Walnut Streets
- Penn Museum (South Street and Convention Avenue)
- Penn Tower Hotel (34th and Civic Center Boulevard)
- Sheraton Hotel (36th and Chestnut Streets)
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA)—Philadelphia's mass transit system—operates a coordinated system of bus, subway, elevated train, and trolley lines that cover all of Philadelphia and parts of the surrounding counties. Exact change ($2.25) or a token is required. Tokens are available at all subway stations, and both TransPasses and tokens can be purchased on campus at the Penn Book Store.